Mitsubishi Canada sets sales record

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imievnews

Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada finished off the 2011 year with record sales for December.
In December 2011, Mitsubishi of Canada sold 2,074 vehicles which is up 18% from December of 2010.

lancer-580x216.jpg

According to Mitsubishi, those sales pushed Mitsubishi Motors Canada to 20,511 vehicle sales for the year which broke through the 20,000 unit mark and set a new company record.

The 2012 Mitsubishi i-Miev (it's actually called the Mitsubishi iMiev in Canada, while only called the Mitsubishi i in the US) arrived in December 2011 and is for sale at dealers across the country.

There were no details in the press release to indicate whether or not the total sales for the month of December also included pre-sales or pre-orders of the highly anticipated Mitsubishi iMiev or if it just included actual vehicle deliveries.

Mitsubishi North America has released sales numbers for 2011. Mitsubishi sold 79,020 vehicles in 2011, which was the highest year of sales since 2008.

Mitsubishi North America sold 5,032 vehicles in December 2011. Of those vehicles sold, 80 of them were the Mitsubishi i-Miev Electric Vehicles which were introduced in 4 states in December.

Since the Mitsubishi i Miev has received such positive customer response, Mitsubishi will roll out the model nationally in March rather than late 2012 as originally planned.

Back