Electric Vehicles in Thailand

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imievnews

Pressure from mainstream automakers, including Mitsubishi with the soon-to-be-available Mitsubishi i-Miev, has made Eton Import move to import electric vehicles into Thailand. Eton Import has exlusive rights to sell Tesla Electric Vehicles in the country, and wanted to be the first to market in Thailand with an electric vehicle.

300898.jpg

According to Eton Import, there are several clients that have expressed interest in the Tesla Roadster, although sadly, not one of them said anything about environmental concerns. For a country that has hot and humid conditions and limited electrical infrastructure, it will be a while before the Mitsubishi i-Miev and other more functional (rather than sporty like the Tesla Roadster) electrical cars become popular, or are even made available.

Full story: http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/autopreview/252734/fast-clean

I wonder if they have a monopoly on highway vehicles only. When I visited Thailand in 2006 I rode in several low speed EVs like the one's advertised at evthai.com

Back