CA-Miev new car?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lydhig

Have you seen this? 300km on one charge!

mitsubishi-teases-electrifying-concepts-for-geneva_1.jpg

More here:
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/mitsubishi-teases-electrifying-concepts-for-geneva-55109.html

As I was complaining to Citroen about the smaller battery size (14.5 vs 16 KW) one of the excuses Citroen Switzerland said to the dealer was that a software update would compensate the circa 10% range loss).

On of the articles for this new model seem to be referring to some optimisation, maybe there is some truth.

Lydhig said:
300km on a charge!
Yeah, but as noted earlier, convert to miles and adjust for the rather, umm, optimistic Japanese range testing standard, that's 110 miles. Respectable, but not exactly a game changer, and based on assumptions about cost-effective new battery technology.

In other words, we'll see. Meanwhile, how about an honest-to-gosh updated 2013 model i-MiEV for the U.S.? Is that happening or not?

jray3 said:
the SUT looks like a LEAF birthing a Subaru Baja
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw that. Especially the LEAF influence.
A 300km, angular MiEV? Sign me up... after my 2-year lease of course. :lol:

110 miles is significantly better than 62 miles! That's about a 77% increase! I'm looking forward to seeing more of the new CA-MiEV - I hope they have improved the aerodynamic drag.

It's only a concept model, only one of xy finds its way to stores. I wouldn't be so optimistic about seeing it on streets soon.

I was hoping that they would have been able to get the Cd even lower - a slight taper on the sides would go a long way, and flat wheels would be better, as well.

Having said that, it is a short car (front to back), and that makes it harder to get the Cd a whole lot lower; and it is 0.1 lower than the iMiEV. It is better than any other EV except the Model S, and only a little bit shy of the original Insight and the current Prius. If the production car is forced to have optical side mirrors, then the Cd will be worse.

They did lighten the chassis a fair bit, so it weighs ~400 pounds less than the 2013 Leaf even though it has a 4kWh larger battery. We'll see what the real world range is - I think ~120 miles is quite possible, so that is about 36 miles farther than the 2013 Leaf.

Some more real pictures:
01-mitsubishi-ca-miev-concept-geneva.jpg
03-mitsubishi-ca-miev-concept-geneva.jpg
05-mitsubishi-ca-miev-concept-geneva.jpg
07-mitsubishi-ca-miev-concept-geneva.jpg

Back