New Marketing?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLucas

Today, I looked at the Mitsubishi USA site and it seems there is new marketing for the i MiEV. It seems to focus more on the features we have all been raving about instead of that Electrophobia campaign. Is this new or something that has been there for awhile? Either way, I like it a lot better than the shame tactics of the Electrophobia campaign, yuck. The Canadian site is still showing the Electrophobia campaign, hope that goes away soon.

The Ultimate Eco Trip: The Power to Save / The Power to Surprise. (I like this one the best)

Goodbye, Gas Station: Plug In. Turn On. And Drop Out of the Gasoline Rat Race.

A Greener Intelligence: One of the greenest, most affordable EVs in America is also the most sensible. (Combating the new decontented Leaf)

Safety and Warranty: As safe as it is efficient.

Nice, much improved. But while that's all well and good, it's whistling past the graveyard if they don't have a plan to increase the value/price ratio by the time the Leaf S hits the showrooms. I don't think the Leaf is all that "decontented" compared to the ES, so price-cutting is the only way to go. If Mitsu can't afford to do that, we're not going to be getting much company on the roads this year. The fact that they've actually raised prices for 2013 in Canada is a very bad sign. Why Mitsubishi Canada doesn't understand that's going to crash demand is beyond me. I hope MMNA is smarter, but that doesn't seem likely.

Back