2014 NYIAS

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motavalli at the green pavilion, and no mention of Mitsubishi.
http://www.cartalk.com/blogs/jim-motavalli/new-york-auto-show-2014-green-under-glitz

Meanwhile Motley Fool declares Green is Dead, people want muscle cars.
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/04/17/muscle-cars-out-in-force-at-new-york-auto-show.aspx
Karl Brauer, a senior analyst with car buying site Kelley Blue Book, says buyers have simply come to expect that fuel economy is always improving no matter what they drive.

"Green technology by itself is no longer an interesting story, because we've been hearing about it for so long," he said. "People don't want a car because it's green. They want a car because it's a great vehicle that also happens to have green characteristics."

BMW gets all the sex appeal awards.
http://inhabitat.com/bmw-i3-electric-vehicle-wins-green-car-award-and-design-of-the-year-at-the-2014-new-york-auto-show/

$6k price drop and no PR.

I attended Edmonton's Auto Show last week. No evidence of the I-Mievs existence at Mitsubishi's display. When I asked the Mitsubishi people they could not say whether or not the car would be available in 2014 and instead referred me to local dealers. When I called the half dozen Mitsubishi dealers in Alberta looking for information on the 2014s. All they can say is they order from a dealer pool and there are none in the dealer pool to order from, and they have no factory order checklist to order from. They all wanted to sell me a Mirage, great gas mileage and you never have to worry about charging.

Smart Electric present, Ford Fusion electric present, Chevy Volt present, Prius present, Prius C present, Prius V present, Nissan Leaf present, Kia and Hyundai hybrids present.

Absent, Miev, Honda Fit electric, Chev Sonic electric

Rocky

I just checked the website for the NY Auto Show and Mitsubishi is listing the 2014 iMiev as one of their cars on display. No mention of the Outlander PHEV though.

http://www.autoshowny.com/galleries/cars/mitsubishi/i-miev

I am hoping to get to the show next week. It was at the 2012 show that I saw the iMiev for the first time, and purchased one about a month later. Don't regret it one bit....except on real cold rainy days...and when I look at the new price. LOL.

Sarcasm hurts.
http://autoblopnik.com/2014/04/18/2014-new-york-auto-show-highlights/
Mitsubishi staged a press event that included a pyrotechnics display, a performance by the Swedish Nude Ballet, the announcement of a new Pope, and a ritual human sacrifice. It received no press coverage whatsoever.

Volvo revealed a picture of the dashboard of a car that won’t go on sale for another two years, and it still received more coverage than Mitsubishi’s press event.

Mitsubishi staged a press event that included a pyrotechnics display, a performance by the Swedish Nude Ballet, the announcement of a new Pope, and a ritual human sacrifice. It received no press coverage whatsoever.
LMFAOLOTF (or something). iMiev fans have learned that this kind of abuse and under-the-radar existence is just par for the course. Still really liking the car after almost 2 years and thinking about a 2014 - maybe if the price (or lease rate) is right (and my current car shows signs of weakness ;) ).

About the only features I would like that the 2014 has are the charge port light and passenger heated seat. My Mom gave me a heated seat pad/back for Christmas (though really a gift for herself, although it was nice to get me through the -9F days last winter), so that gets around a non-heated stock seat. As far as the charge port light, I'm driving to work in the daylight now, so I can easily see the port, though I've gotten really good at plugging in the dark.

Everyone likes to bully Mitsubishi, but I have a feeling they'll get back at everyone. By the way, that article was brutal. Sheesh! :roll: :lol:

So I went to the show yesterday. Mitsubishi had a rather unimpressive display of all its cars. They were all white...except the iMiev which was a matte grey. Almost all the doors on the cars were locked. There was only one representative on the floor. I did talk to her a bit. She said the 2014s iMievs were "being shipped to dealers now". She confirmed there were few changes from 2012...no changes in the battery or drivetrain.

There was no mention of the Outlander PHEV. Even the regular one was locked on the floor with only minimal signage. You would never have known the iMiev was an EV unless you knew the car from before. There was no display of the charging port, it was locked. The hood and trunk were locked. Yikes...it was almost like they were hiding it.

At the 2012 show, they featured the iMiev. They had at least two on the floor that you could sit in, with extra signage. They also had the concept car on a rotating display. There was also an EV area where you could actually test drive an EV. The iMiev was absent this year.

The BMW EV was making a big splash...but of course it is pricey. The Kia Soul EV was prominently displayed. It was Nice...pretty big, and they were claiming a range of 100 miles. Salesperson said that they weren't quite available yet and would probably cost between mid $20s-30K.

I didn't get a chance to look at Ford, or Volt. I had my 5 year old grandson in tow...he wanted to jump into every car he saw and have us take a picture of him driving it.

Back