EPA Mileage Numbers

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don

Most of us are familiar with the 99 city, 126 highway and the combined 112 MPGe number the EPA has given our car, but this is the first published reference to how the 62 mile range estimate was calculated . . . . at least that I have seen - Possibly old news for some of you though

"The fun-to-drive Mitsubishi i-MiEV all-electric 5-door achieves a remarkable EPA-rated 112 MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent) combined/126 MPGe city/99 MPGe highway and has an EPA estimated "real world" driving range of 62 miles (45% highway/55% city driving mix) and 98 miles (EPA LA4 range – mostly stop & go/city driving)."

Specifically, I wasn't aware of the 45% highway, 55% city mix used to determine the 'official' published EPA 62 mile range and this was also the first I've heard of the EPA estimated 98 mile stop and go city driving range

Even if it's old news for some of you, I thought I'd stick it here for future reference

Don

Back