(sold) 2012 SE for sale Chicago area

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2932

Is also listed on CarsGuru.com (https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Mitsubishi-i-MiEV-d2166#listing=258200313)
Price is reduced due to door damage and 12v battery is running a bit low. Otherwise garage kept under 26k miles. Newer front tires.

Hey James, I saw your car on Car Gurus. I got a few questions if you do not mind.
1. So how did that dent in the door by the handle happen? Is the paint affected? Is it deep? Does the handle still work? Will the door lock? Does the window still go up and down?
2 Being a Chicago car, how is the rust?
3. I see you have the remote, do you also have both keys?
4. 12V battery is going, but what about the HV battery condition?
5. How many miles on the new tires up front?
Thanks much, Matt

>Hey James, I saw your car on Car Gurus. I got a few questions if you do not mind.
>1. So how did that dent in the door by the handle happen?
long story but MiEV was parked at my old barn and a trailer (untethered) slowly rolled into it (as I watched in horror)
> Is the paint affected?
yes, lost paint in the deep portions (I have touched up)
> Is it deep?
Steel is punctured in one spot, a thin ~1" long cut (I can upload closer shot if needed)
> Does the handle still work? Will the door lock? Does the window still go up and down?
Yes everything is fully functional
>2 Being a Chicago car, how is the rust?
Car has always been in Illinois (2 yr lease was central IL), my 4 years has always been garage kept, rust is actually not bad at all (I am talking under carriage, body has zero rust) but this is coming from a Midwesterner (I work from home so it doesn't really get out much, ~12k last 4 years)
>3. I see you have the remote, do you also have both keys?
yes
>4. 12V battery is going, but what about the HV battery condition?
12v is original so I trickle charge it since I don't drive much, main battery still gives me full range and I easily can get guess-o-meter to 80+ in mild weather. My OBDII only works with OBDZero and I can share a screenshot of that but caniOn150 does not appear to work with my reader
>5. How many miles on the new tires up front?
I put on the recommended Dunlap Enasave's right after acquisition (fall 2015) so about 12k (I can send pix if you like) I also have one of the originals which is in good shape as backup (I replaced mainly because one had a lot of side wall damage and I kept the good one)
>Thanks much, Matt

I was always a lurker - thanks all for all the information and entertainment over the last 4 years. I loved the car but just had no room for it and it has a nice home now (after a 53mi mostly highway drive to its new home with 10mi range left/2 bars! Impressive for 2012)
Cheers
JIm

Back