happy new owner

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paxfamilia

Well, we did it! We are now proud owners of a 2012 white with blue PREMIUM with 31K miles. You know, the one with Mitsubishi I-mieV written out on the bottom of the door panels. Re-charged here at home overnight what we had used during the test drive. Daughter gets free J charging at university!

Probs paid more than many on here buying used ($5740), but the towing distance wasn't too far (170 miles), purchased from a Mitsu dealer. (ALL EVs within drivable distance of this smack dab center of the country market are over-priced because Kansas City is more power plugged than any US city, yet we didn't get the new market availability like the coasts.) Dealer actually had a raspberry ES that I was going to make an offer on as well, but they sold it Thursday night, ugh.

And yes, the dealer wasn't aware, nor did I inform, that this is a Premium. Only thing quite weird is there is NO seat heater, just a never holed out place in dash where toggle switch would have been. Since we have the remote, not too concerned, though. Guess one could always get an aftermarket 12V pad, although I would be afraid daughter would just run down her battery by leaving it on?!

She's a beauty, so fun to drive!! In the 9 mile trip home from dropping off auto trailer, only used 3 miles on the RR, because of downhill regen coasting and braking!!

Came with everything (INCLUDING THE REMOTE) except one missing key, so only one. So that's the next challenge, although I like the idea of door keys for all and keeping the chipped key under the floor mat ?!?

Thanks for everyone who has chimed in and given me so much good knowledge and advice about this awesome car, thus far!! :D

Awesome news to hear. i think you got a great deal, that's a bargain price for a slightly used EV with all the bells and whistles.

you can check the build sheet for your VIN to see what options it came with.

just copy out the link and edit with your vin, then paste it in the browser location or URL bar, and go. It will return with a .pdf file to either view or download

[http://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/file/monroney?vin=JMFLDHA3WAU003565]

Congratulations!! - Great first car for a college student, especially one who has a free charging location right on campus

I think we can pretty much guarantee it does have a drivers side seat heater - Every 2012 made came with one, regardless of trim level. Perhaps the switch went bad and someone removed it?

I too agree that buying from a dealer, anything south of $6K is a pretty fair price. Once you've had it for a year or two, you will realize what a bargain it is

Enjoy, and don't be a stranger here

Don

paxfamilia said:
Only thing quite weird is there is NO seat heater, just a never holed out place in dash where toggle switch would have been. Since we have the remote, not too concerned, though. Guess one could always get an aftermarket 12V pad, although I would be afraid daughter would just run down her battery by leaving it on?!
I don't think it will run when the car is off, and not plugged in? Anyway, it's a great feature if you get it working. It can save a lot of energy vs. running the heater -- the only problem then is keeping the windows clear.

Oh, and you're not likely to turn it on and forget it. It gets quite hot.

paxfamilia, congratulations!

The seat heater switch was partially pushed in on my friend's i-MiEV when he bought it a few weeks ago. On your car, I'd be willing to bet that someone had simply jabbed the switch and it popped back out of its snaps and simply fell down behind the panel, with the wires still attached. Oops, I just read that it was "never holed" - maybe someone moved it over to the left side?

Perhaps your daughter (or an enterprising boyfriend) can get access to the back of the panel, look for the switch, and simply snap it back into place if its dangling (before winter)? Can anyone provide paxfamilia with detailed instructions for getting access to the back of that panel?

Back