2012 Raspberry ES for sale in Arizona

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qxe

We just purchased a 2012 Raspberry ES model and it's great for general, around town errands. However, our commute with the kids is what we got it for but it's just too close for comfort for my wife (range-wise) and she gets range anxiety, so we need to sell.

It has just over 26K miles, and it was imported into Arizona new and has stayed in state since then. Everything works great, all recalls have been done, all service records are accounted for and it's in like new condition, cosmetically and mechanically. It's been upgraded to a 10 year/100,000 mile battery warranty. I don't have the remote, it doesn't have Chademo, but it comes with original 120 volt EVSE and the system charges quick on Level 2/240v. I'm asking $8,750 OBO. Private message please.

qxe, thank you for posting here. I'm so sorry that the i-MiEV did now work out for your wife. If I may ask, what exactly is the commute distance with kids that the i-MiEV is unable to fulfill during the day? My neighbor easily racks up well over 50 miles a day shuffling his kids around, and has no problems opportunity charging during breaks.

By present-day standards, perhaps your asking price is a wee-bit high, especially without a Remote. For example, here's a Central California fully-loaded SE Premium asking $7500:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5407494792.html

JoeS said:
By present-day standards, perhaps your asking price is a wee-bit high, especially without a Remote. For example, here's a Central California fully-loaded SE Premium asking $7500:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5407494792.html
I would agree. $8750 is 50 bucks *more* than we paid for a like new SE Premium lease return *with* the ~$1,000 remote, and it does have ChaDeMo of course . . . . and this car only had 3,900 miles on it when we bought it

Everyone wants to get the best price they can for anything they're selling, but a second owner base model with no remote, without Nav, Bluetooth and DCQC with 26K on it is going to be a very tough sell for more than $6500 to $7K. Good luck with your sale and I hope you get a good price

Don

I think that selling an iMiev without CHAdeMO would be v.difficult indeed. I've done 57K in my iMiev and I would find the lack of DC charging impossibly restricting!

I might be in the market for a low mileage iMiev - but CHAdeMO would be Priority-1.

Maybe any offer - is a good offer! :cool:

Orrbrian said:
I think that selling an iMiev without CHAdeMO would be v.difficult indeed.
That depends on the person, where they live and how they plan to use the car

We have two 2012 iMiEV's, one with DCQC and one without. In more than 40,000 miles on the two cars, we have charged away from home exactly . . . . once. We went to a ball game and parked at the local shuttle bus terminal where they have an L2 station - Full tank after the game!

We still don't have any DCQC stations anywhere near home (not even the Nissan dealers have one) and we don't miss not having them - We do everything we'd care to do with the cars while charging them only at home

Don

This is, indeed, a small world we live in. I'm friends with the former owner of this car. He's a member of our local EAA chapter in Tucson. Not only do I know this car and the former owner, I got to live with the car for a couple of weeks, watching it while while he and his wife were out of town on vacation in the fall of 2013. The positive experience cemented my resolve to own an i-MiEV of my own one day.

The coincidences were remarkable (mileage, color, trim, location,) but I wasn't sure at first. Then, I saw qxe's Phoenix Craig's List posting and copied down the VIN. Since I coordinated a public display with this car and a couple others where a state registration certificate needed to be submitted in advance, I had a copy of the number in an old email and this is what confirmed the match.

The current owner is correct when he states that the previous owner took good care of the car and it spent all it's life in Arizona. If my purchase plans would have aligned slightly differently, this might have been the one I would have ended up owning. As it turned out, the lease agreement ended about a month before I was ready to make a purchase. Instead, I got my used i-MiEV (white, which was my preferred paint color, with a CHAdeMO port and slightly lower mileage) through an online dealer listing out of Los Angeles about a month later for just under $7000. Almost 3 months and over 1000 miles later, and I'm completely happy with mine. But I was wondering all this time whatever happened to this one.

qxe: I will let people know in the Tucson area that you have this for sale. Someone down here may want to come up your way to check it out and bring it back "home." I'm with others here who state that $8750 for a non-CHAdeMO one might be a touch on the high side (what the dealer sold it to you for? I'm also going off online listings when making my thumbnail appraisal) but not out of bounds. This one is a clean, solid vehicle and I hope it finds a happy home with whoever ends up getting it from you.

Best . . .

qxe said:
We just purchased a 2012 Raspberry ES model and it's great for general, around town errands. However, our commute with the kids is what we got it for but it's just too close for comfort for my wife (range-wise) and she gets range anxiety, so we need to sell…
JoeS said:
…If I may ask, what exactly is the commute distance with kids that the i-MiEV is unable to fulfill during the day? My neighbor easily racks up well over 50 miles a day shuffling his kids around, and has no problems opportunity charging during breaks…
I realize I may be beating a dead horse, but I really am interested in what type of people's daily driving habits make the i-MiEV inappropriate, especially as qxe just bought the i-MiEV and this should have been a predictable and calculatable scenario. We know about the difficulties that city-dwellers and apartment-renters face in their access to overnight charging, but this sounds like a suburban environment. Wish we had some feedback, and not an isolated single-post. :(

28,201 miles. We're selling it because the kids are changing schools so we're going to have a longer commute and my wife doesn't want to push the car's range to its limits. Well maintained at Mark Mitsubishi on 19th St and Bell Road with full service records, 10 year/100,000 mile warranty on the battery (good until Oct/2022). I don't have the remote, it doesn't have Chademo, but it comes with original 120 volt EVSE.

$6,700 - local sale only, cash only

Benjamin Nead said:
This is, indeed, a small world we live in. I'm friends with the former owner of this car. He's a member of our local EAA chapter in Tucson. Not only do I know this car and the former owner, I got to live with the car for a couple of weeks, watching it while while he and his wife were out of town on vacation in the fall of 2013. The positive experience cemented my resolve to own an i-MiEV of my own one day. . . .

That IS a coincidence! I lost some emails and couldn't remember my old password so I registered again and just posted it for sale on this forum (and Phx craigslist) with a lower price. This forum is an excellent resource for pricing, I had no idea I had priced it too high, but I was going off what I paid for it. We've been happily driving it since the first posting and because it was priced too high I didn't get any offers, but now that the kids are about to change schools and the commute is getting even longer, I'd like to sell before the school year starts.

You're right, it's an excellent little commuter and so well cared for by its first owner that I hate to give it up. We just need something to suit our current situation a bit better now!

JoeS said:
qxe said:
We just purchased a 2012 Raspberry ES model and it's great for general, around town errands. However, our commute with the kids is what we got it for but it's just too close for comfort for my wife (range-wise) and she gets range anxiety, so we need to sell…
JoeS said:
…If I may ask, what exactly is the commute distance with kids that the i-MiEV is unable to fulfill during the day? My neighbor easily racks up well over 50 miles a day shuffling his kids around, and has no problems opportunity charging during breaks…
I realize I may be beating a dead horse, but I really am interested in what type of people's daily driving habits make the i-MiEV inappropriate, especially as qxe just bought the i-MiEV and this should have been a predictable and calculatable scenario. We know about the difficulties that city-dwellers and apartment-renters face in their access to overnight charging, but this sounds like a suburban environment. Wish we had some feedback, and not an isolated single-post. :(

Sorry I got very busy with work and never checked back on this post! Our commute to take the kids to school is 17 miles one way. There and back (twice a day) is 68 miles, and now it's getting even longer as our school situation is changing that gives us an even longer commute.

vonD said:
...Our commute to take the kids to school is 17 miles one way. There and back (twice a day) is 68 miles, and now it's getting even longer as our school situation is changing that gives us an even longer commute.
vonD, thank you for the details. Sounds like an ideal single commute distance and I guess where I'm confused is why can't the car be charged between the two commutes?

Phximiev said:
You might also post your current Craigslist ad link. Just a thought.

Good idea, thanks! https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5681537865.html

JoeS said:
vonD said:
...Our commute to take the kids to school is 17 miles one way. There and back (twice a day) is 68 miles, and now it's getting even longer as our school situation is changing that gives us an even longer commute.
vonD, thank you for the details. Sounds like an ideal single commute distance and I guess where I'm confused is why can't the car be charged between the two commutes?

Because it doesn't have a Chademo, and it takes a few hours at peak electricity rates in Az to recharge in the middle of the day. Even then... it might not be enough in case my wife or children need to make an unplanned shopping detour in the area of the school. I appreciate you trying to help, and I'm sure I'm simply not using it to its full potential by not timing everything down to the wire, but here's the bottom line: for our commute and lifestyle, the range is not enough for us. It inhibits our driving patterns and my wife does not enjoy either mileage math or range anxiety.

Now that our daily school commute is even farther, it's even more incentive for us to sell. I'm sure that there are plenty of people with shorter commutes that would find this darling car to be very useful in their daily lives, and although I really like the vehicle, it's simply not working out for us.

I hear ya Von. Your situation sounds similar to the reason I upgraded to a CHAdeMO car after the first 18 months- daily planning was required and it only took one snafu to require switching cars for the evening. I'm just wishing I coulda bought the second car at today's pricing!

Exactly. The I-Miev is perfect for light commutes and short errands, but anything longer just makes my wife nervous. You know what they say, happy wife, happy life, and so... it must go. ;)

I'm getting the impression that they are using only the OEM L1 8 amp, 960 watt EVSE which came with the car for recharging between trips - That's a shame, as it's not working for them. If he had sent it off to EVSE Upgrade when he first bought the car, I think they'd both still be happy with it - L2 @ 12 amps recharges at 2900 watts, or exactly three times faster than whet they are doing now

Even with a 25 mile trip to school using the A/C and then 4 or 5 hours recharging at home and it would be ready to make that trip again, with no fear of 'range anxiety'. I know that of every car we've ever owned, the iMiEV is my wife's favorite, hands down - She wouldn't give it up for anything. We never recharge anywhere but at the house and she's totally confident driving it anywhere

Hopefully they can sell it for $6500 or so, but with the mileage and it being an ES with no QC I think they might have to accept something less than that if they really want it sold. Anyway, good luck wiith the sale and sorry it didn't better fit your needs

Don

vonD said:
Phximiev said:
You might also post your current Craigslist ad link. Just a thought.

Good idea, thanks! https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5681537865.html

Beautiful colour, never seen here in Europe.
If i would live in the US i bought the car for that price, to alternate with my white 2012 i-miev that i bought a month ago for 10,000 euro and 6500 miles.
After 1250 miles in the first month, i have to say, i love my second Mitsubishi just like my first one who is a 'little' bigger.

Very informative forum, we do not have in the netherlands, learnt a lot about the i-miev.

Regards from the netherlands, Jan

Back