USB kit for sale

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarond12

Well, guys... it's been fun, but all good things must come to an end. The end of my lease is nigh and I removed the USB kit that I installed in my car. I purchased a Nissan LEAF (I'm a traitor, sorry) and don't need this one anymore.

I paid $129 plus shipping for it. I'm willing to let it go for $100 with US domestic shipping included. For non-US locations (excepting Canada), it's USD$100 plus shipping cost.

Email me at aarond12 at mac dot com if you're interested. Thanks!

I'd like to have a second port installed in the car, but there is only one spot where they fit. My i-MiEV had the port included, so I must pass.

Sad to see your lease is up. Best of luck with the LEAF.

aarond12 said:
Well, guys... it's been fun, but all good things must come to an end. The end of my lease is nigh and ... I purchased a Nissan LEAF...
aarond12, thank you for all your contributions to the forum. Sorry to see you leave the fold, but glad you're staying with EVs. I'm curious as to why you chose to purchase the LEAF instead of a 2014 iMiEV?

JoeS said:
I'm curious as to why you chose to purchase the LEAF instead of a 2014 iMiEV?
Great question. In short, I got a killer deal on the LEAF. It is a 2015 base model ("S") without fast charging (which is fine for my use -- my i-MiEV didn't have fast charging either) that stickered at just over $30K.

The LEAF was "used", but only had 245 miles! It did have a previous owner, but apparently the car couldn't meet his needs. I noticed the 120V charger was kinda scratched up and used, so I can understand why the car didn't suit him. It takes ~24 hours to charge a LEAF from empty using the 120V charger.

Anyway, after about 5 days of conversations with the dealership, I got the car for just under $20K! No tax credits because it's used, but I can't complain. I don't qualify for the $7500 tax credit, so a new i-MiEV at $24K would cost more. It's just economics.

I really enjoyed my time with my i-MiEV and miss the rear-wheel drive among other things. I do like the quieter ride on the LEAF though. They are both great EVs and I would still recommend either.

@spchinch -- Sorry I didn't see your message until now. PM sent.

Back