Moved the Heated Seat switch (easy mod)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLucas

Yesterday, I moved my heated seat switch from just in front of my right knee over to the left. There are two blank panels in the 'dash-filler' on the left side by the driver's door. After removing the kick panel below the steering wheel (two silver screws at the bottom and a Haya-Karate pull, the panel came out. You'll see there is plenty of wire to move it from the current position to the new position. You'll notice the wires are tied down with these zip-tie snaps. I used a small screw driver to release the zip-tie tab and remove the wires. A pair of needle nose pliers easilly removes the snap from the kick panel. I found it easier here, to unplug the wires from the switch and then snap out the switch from the panel. Good idea at this point to choose which of the new positions you are going to use and remove the cover for it. After the wires are free, remove the electric tape to free the three wires for the switch from the bundle, then retape the wires into their seperate bundles. Then replace the zip-tie snaps back around the main bundle and snap back into the kick panel. Then feed the switch wires back into the new hole, reconnect the switch and snap into place. Then resuing the old cover, snap that back into the old switch position and you are done.

I find the new position much easier to see the switch and I can see the light as well with out having to take my eyes too much off of the road.

I'll post a picture later, my camera battery died this morning. Forgot to recharge it, at least the car was charged so I could go to work.

MLucas, thanks for posting this mod. I'd been wondering what Mitsubishi had used those left switch locations for, and moving the switch there certainly makes it more visible. Last winter I had 'felt' the seat heater being on, so it wasn't an issue; nevertheless, the light is a good reminder that energy is being consumed...

Back