Project to add temperature reading to odometer button

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

Maybe someone is interested to explore their car and help out? i got a PM from a fellow in EU that wants to redo the 93c66 eeprom in the speedometer to add the outside temperature to the push button options of the odometer gauge. It seems that the EU cars don't have that feature-- i don't know?

This involves pulling the speedo and lifting the back cover, then remove the eeprom chip and read it's contents with a chip reader, then send the file so he can burn a new eeprom for his speedo.

Send me a PM for details. i'm covered up with 2 chargers and a EVSE for repairs right now, so can't work on the eeprom project, but it sounds interesting.

kiev said:
Maybe someone is interested to explore their car and help out? i got a PM from a fellow in EU that wants to redo the 93c66 eeprom in the speedometer to add the outside temperature to the push button options of the odometer gauge. It seems that the EU cars don't have that feature-- i don't know?

This involves pulling the speedo and lifting the back cover, then remove the eeprom chip and read it's contents with a chip reader, then send the file so he can burn a new eeprom for his speedo.

Send me a PM for details. i'm covered up with 2 chargers and a EVSE for repairs right now, so can't work on the eeprom project, but it sounds interesting.

Nobody wants to join?

Back