Battery warming system

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gencis

I found that in my I-miev is installed battery warming system. But it works at the temperature around -27 degrees Celsius. Has anybody tried to change the settings or make bypass to be able to start heating battery when outside temperature is around 0C or -5C?

Battery warming has been discussed a fair bit, but I'm not aware of anyone hacking their onboard battery warmer yet, probably for fear of losing a warranty claim. The earliest battery warranties in the USA don't expire until December 2019, but mine will expire at 100,000 miles within the next few months and I already have a replacement battery on hand. I have the cold weather package, so would be willing to test that hack this winter. Any help identifying the best method of activating the onboard battery warming system would be appreciated. I have not yet studied the wiring diagram with this in mind.

How do I know if my car is equipped with the cold weather pack - can it be decoded from the VIN?
Rarely gets below -5 in this part of the world so I doubt many cars have it here. :(

About this feature I found out in the leaflet, included with the car. My car is from Minnesota, USA.

Back