Shifter knob with pushbutton accessory control

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jray3

Thought some of you might like this dEVelopment from EcoModder.
attachment.php

It's a 3D-printed shifter knob with up to three integrated buttons for control of accessories. Whether one wants to flash brake lights at a tailgater, control the function of a pusher trailer, or for you advanced hackers, instantly bring on full regen, I'm sure it has a function for you!

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/sale-custom-3d-printed-shift-knobs-integrated-buttons-31991.html

Here's some specs from the maker, forum Admin Tim, aka: "Daox".

I see you have several different functions you'd like to control. I have several momentary switches to choose from. The smallest and nicest (feel wise) is a tactile switch, but it only carries 50mA and is only normally open. So, its very likely you'd need a relay to power anything more than a logic signal. The next one up is a 100mA, and then I also have a 2A switch. These both can be wired for normally closed or normally open. However, they're much softer and the feel isn't as nice IMO.

I also have a toggle switch (push once for on, push again for off), and I think it handles up to 100mA.

We can use any combination of the three switches you'd like in your knob.

Let me know what you'd like or ask any questions you may have.

Using something like that to light the brake lights should give you max regen every time you push it . . . . no??

Don

Back