Update from 1 DIN to 2 DIN for Citroen C-Zero & Peugeot Ion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sventchik

Hi there,

as owner of a C-Zero with a 1 DIN radio, no clock Inside the car (what a mess :eek: ), we are thinking to upgrade and move to a 2 DIN system...

On another topic, Barbagris gave us the partnumbers from a supplier providing the plastic cover : CT23MT06 (in grey) or CT23MT07 (in black). It seems those are not original OEM from Mutsibishi, but would probably fit.

Does anybody knows if it would fit in a C-Zero or a Peugeot Ion ?

Here the Mitsubishi view :
656x369cut

Here the Citroen C-Zero view :
03572402-photo-citroen-c-zero-100-electrique-64-ch.jpg

Also, any suggestion of a "named" 2 DIN radio, ready for rear view camera, Bluetooth, SD & Usb reader, and include a clock ?

Oui mon grand, c'est la même planche de bord....

Yes, it should fit...

In fact, I will probably do it someday, but I am looking for a GOOD android 2Din multimedia system where:
a) I could use canion
b) I could plug a backup camera (the car is short, but not short enough for my wife
icon_cool.gif
)

Xavier

oh, a french driver ! Great !

Same for us, we need a clock and a rear camera (as we don't have the parking sensors)
But it will mean no more function for the 2 safety buttons (Peugeot/Citroen call for mecanical emergency + health emergency )

You mean that the SOS button is linked to the car radio ?

I thought it had to be another module with GPS and GSM communication.

For sure it's linked to radio, as it use some functions (microphone, speakers)
Does any Mitsu i-miev has it too ? (in UK or other european countries)

We made just a test of each of those buttons at the begining, and we use the technical assistance when we were out of power (1 time).
I beleave they are usefull !

sventchik said:
Does any Mitsu i-miev has it too ? (in UK or other european countries)
None that I've seen. It must be a clone special, just like the black accents on the steering wheel.

sventchik said:
...when we were out of power (1 time).
I think this is the first 'out of power' call reported on this forum that wasn't related to a battery problem (1 of those reported). Congratulations...in a way :lol: ;) .

In the US, we get one free 'out of energy' tow per year for the first 3 years of ownership. Haven't used that yet.

"...when we were out of power (1 time)."

yes, it was a test drive at the beginning to understand the limit of the car.
I always do it, to see what benzin reserve can bring, but here no benzin :lol:

We did a test drive highway, city of 150km until it stopped definetely !

so back to that topic....

I'd get some extract of the spare parts list between RHD Citroen and LHD Citroen.... so the cover exist in 1 DIN (part n°6) and in 2 DIN (part n°7)
But it seems there are also variants.... I suppose in colors ....

Who could help to explain what means ?

here the RHD C-zero :
36948a6206.jpg

and the LHD C-zeo :
2a178ac7fd.jpg

I believe the part number for the black one is 8002A116HB. I'm having trouble finding it, though.

Anyone with a 2012 SE Premium want to take a look at what the part number is?

This in black.
IMG_0884.jpg

from our russian friends, I found out 3 partnumbers on the i-miev :

- 8002A116HA : light silver color
- 8002A116HB : charkoal silver + light silver
- 8002A116HC : light silver color

So I saw a picture of the 8002A116HB :
i-miev-dash1-520x348.jpg

It's close to black but matt.
And the european sisters C-Zero & ion are in black glossy...
Not sure there was a mitsubishi in black glossy !

sventchik said:
For sure it's linked to radio, as it use some functions (microphone, speakers)
Are you sure ?
Parce que le micro, lui est au niveau du rétroviseur ! ;-)

Xav, I am interested too to your project..
Double Din and rear camera...

Well, I see it's an old theme, but I believe still interesting.

I just installed an Chinese 2DIN radio to my Peugeot Ion. It works perfectly (nav, back camera, video, music, bt phone, apps, etc., except the Canion. The unit just can't pair to the OBDlink LX.

Maybe I should just note that Citroen and Peugeot Assistance and Emergency (SOS) system is working independently of the radio. It has its own mic and speaker. So even without the radio, in case of emergency, I can talk to them and they automatically locate the position of the car.

My question is: if somebody found an aftermarket 2DIN Android car radio, that can pair with an OBD reader so the Canion can be useful, would you share the model name and source where to buy it?

Back