My new Electric Emblem

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have searched the internet and ebay and couldn't find a nice "electric" emblem that I liked. I remember test driving a 2013 Ford Focus Electric vehicle and liked the electric emblems on that car. There are emblems on the doors which are quite large and the emblem on the liftgate is smaller. The emblem that I purchased and installed is the emblem from the liftgate. It is Ford Part # CM5Z-5842528-E. It cost me approx $20.00 but that price is with a repair shop discount because where I work has a repair shop. I think retail price is about $28.00.

Beautiful car! - The Euro version really looks much different than the North American version. I really like the large, single wiper blade . . . . which they had adopted that for our cars

If you can, would you post a few more pictures of your car taken from different angles please?

That looks like a turbine shaft from a small hydro-electric plant in the background?

Need to visit Norway one day . . . . and hopefully rent an iMiEV to drive while there!!

Don

gmarcucio said:
I have searched the internet and ebay and couldn't find a nice "electric" emblem that I liked. I remember test driving a 2013 Ford Focus Electric vehicle and liked the electric emblems on that car. There are emblems on the doors which are quite large and the emblem on the liftgate is smaller. The emblem that I purchased and installed is the emblem from the liftgate. It is Ford Part # CM5Z-5842528-E. It cost me approx $20.00 but that price is with a repair shop discount because where I work has a repair shop. I think retail price is about $28.00.

As soon as I saw that, I thought "Nice Ford!". Looks good just the same.

I'm working on replacing my emblems with the old Mitsubishi red emblems that I found on e-bay from a 99 Galant. Looks great with the Labrador Black.

bruisepristine said:
Nice emblem!

Fun fact; all EVs in Norway have a license plate that starts with "EL" as in ELectric! :)

Did you have the top and hood painted black? Also, the rims - we don't have those options here even aftermarket.

Don - I think that single blade could be adopted for our cars even though ours are wider. You'd have to find a wrecked international version and get all the wiper blade pieces. Looking at the fascias, they probably just snap into place. Could be some fabrication but it could work. The good news is that Mitsubishi tried to save as much engineering costs as the could between the two versions by reusing as many parts as possible. Like our dashboards.

Oh that is not my i-MiEV, just one I pulled off google search to show Norwegian license plate.

This is my i-MiEV, 2013 mod with LED headlights and stock rims plasti dipped black :)

Don said:
Beautiful car!

If you can, would you post a few more pictures of your car taken from different angles please?

Don

I'll get some more pics taken, I'll post shortly ;)

edit; here are the photos http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1611

MLucas said:
gmarcucio said:

As soon as I saw that, I thought "Nice Ford!". Looks good just the same.

I'm working on replacing my emblems with the old Mitsubishi red emblems that I found on e-bay from a 99 Galant. Looks great with the Labrador Black.

I like the idea of the red emblems!!! Maybe I'll do the same.

Thanks, I ordered one from http://www.wholesalefordparts.com and even got a human inquiry on the order!
(They're still sending me the part after my response that it was a custom non-Ford application ;-)
I intend to use it without the Ford 'leafy highway'.

We appreciate your purchase with us! I was processing your order today and I noticed that you did not include your vehicles VIN number with your purchase. We like to verify orders by VIN prior to processing. If you did not include the VIN because you are making modifications to your vehicle please let me know so I do not make corrections to the order based upon the VIN. Our policy is to wait 24 hours from the time of this email for a response. If I don't hear back from you VIN verification will not be applied to your order and I will continue processing it as usual. Thank you for your business!

I ordered one from the local Ford dealer - He checked to see if there were any close by (surprise, there weren't!) but he said there was quantity 97 of them in Detroit. Should be here in less than a week. Price was $25.42

Don

Don said:
I really like the large, single wiper blade . . . . which they had adopted that for our cars
Don't wish a single wiper blade. It's goodlooking but not practical. When raining, passenger has only half of the surface cleared. A little bit disturbing. Few photos of EU version you can find in my blog.

EU french clones already have small emblems near both charging sockets:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XTge0gbQlIY/UGYJp78nQzI/AAAAAAAADKU/dtrCPv33ba8/s1600/20120927_180119.jpg
Citroen sells them as spare parts (24€). Very expensive IMHO.

Zelenec said:
EU french clones already have small emblems near both charging sockets:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XTge0gbQlIY/UGYJp78nQzI/AAAAAAAADKU/dtrCPv33ba8/s1600/20120927_180119.jpg
Citroen sells them as spare parts (24€). Very expensive IMHO.

Any idea how I could purchase one of those emblems being I am in the US? I would like something small like that for inside the vehicle.

Zelenec said:
Don said:
I really like the large, single wiper blade . . . . which they had adopted that for our cars
Don't wish a single wiper blade. It's goodlooking but not practical. When raining, passenger has only half of the surface cleared. A little bit disturbing. Few photos of EU version you can find in my blog.
The best wiper I've ever seen was on early 1990's Mercedes models. It was a long single blade with a cam that pushed it out to wipe into the corners! Very reliable, but quite expensive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goERTGWLQGY

Just ordered one of those Ford Electric emblems from the same place as jray. Also ordered a "Powered" emblem from EVBadges. I liked the looks of it, too. Yeesh, the Mitsu dealerships should warn you it is going to cost an arm and a leg in aftermarket parts just to make it obvious your i-MiEV is a 100% electric vehicle. They really couldn't have just tossed in a couple badges as a "Thank you" for being one of their few EV customers?!

I really like Tony's side graphics

RozDFh.jpg

His were ordered through the dealership and installed there, but they're quite pricey - About $300 I think

Since I have a white car, I had a very similar set custom printed for me on white vinyl in gray, fading to white and put them on the car about 7 or 8 months ago. Sorry, no picture of mine. They look pretty much exactly like the ones pictured above, except they are gray, fading to white and on a white car. Gotta be the neatest 'mod' we've done . . . . and they were less than $100

Don

Seems like most folks on these forums are very proud of their EVs and want to advertise and make it obvious their vehicles are, in fact, 100% electric. I would like to do the same, but my wife is concerned we'd look like pompous, hippy d-bags shoving it in peoples' faces that we're driving on electrons. We don't exactly live in the most green area of Illinois. I see a few hybrid vehicles here and there, and the numbers are increasing. But I've seen only one other almost 100% EV in my town (a Volt that is ALWAYS plugged into the only public L2 EVSE in town!).

So, I'm trying to add very subtle emblems/badges that convey the EVness of our i, but aren't in-your-face obvious. I especially like the badges that look OEM, such as this Ford "Electric" badge and the "Powered" badge from EVBadges, plus a custom plate frame. Is anyone else here trying to remain on the quieter, more subtle side of EV ownership? If so, what emblems/badges/decals have you applied to your i-MiEV that declare zero emmission driving but keep it "classy"? (Not that everyone else's are not classy, but I hope you get my gist.)

RobbW said:
what emblems/badges/decals have you applied to your i-MiEV that declare zero emmission driving but keep it "classy"? )

https://silverslipperimiev.shutterfly.com/pictures/13

In the interest of that aforementioned 'class', I haven't actually placed this on my car, but it remains a favorite...

Back