Anyone install the Navigation system / backup camera?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen the ultrasonic system of an expensive (not as expensive as an i-MiEV) car in action and I love it. But where to put the display in our little I ?

On the other hand, opening the trunk door I can see everything when parking.

peterdambier said:
I have seen the ultrasonic system of an expensive (not as expensive as an i-MiEV) car in action and I love it. But where to put the display in our little I ?

Am thinking about adding in an aftermarket backup camera/Navigation/DVR/Bluetooth etc. that replaces the rear view mirror. If you check eBay you'll find tons of these options some even with radar detectors built in as well.

I got reverse radar from Ebay for 15USD. Installed a phone holder right on the emergency light switch. Bought a USB charger. Use my iPhone as GPS.

Total cost 30usd

Llecentaur said:
I got reverse radar from Ebay for 15USD. Installed a phone holder right on the emergency light switch. Bought a USB charger. Use my iPhone as GPS.

Total cost 30usd

Nice! Got tips on how you installed? Got pics?

I picked up a double-DIN Navotainment system from an SE Premium 2012 as a spare, but my mother is interested in using it in her 2012 ES base model. Has anyone performed this transplant? I’m hoping it’ll work without the backup camera, rear door speakers, etc, as she’s mainly interested in the large and simple navigation screen and ability to add waypoints.

I tried to install the Premium Double DIN navigation unit in a 2012 base trim. The brackets matched, but the necessary extra wiring harnesses were absent and even the three connections to the basic stereo were keyed differently so as to not fit. I didn't go further with it and kept the nav unit as a spare for my SE Premium car instead...

Back