i-MiEV Performance Exhaust

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricAvenue

Always nice to have a good laugh in the middle of the day ...

http://www.rvinyl.com/Performance-Exhausts-Mitsubishi-i-MiEV.html#.UQl_IR2q52B

Mitsubishi i-MiEV performance mufflers, exhaust systems and full cat backs are a proven way to upgrade your i-MiEV. Engineered and designed exhaust components will increase your horsepower, torque and improve your i-MiEV's engine response. Our mufflers are generally lighter than Aftermarket exhaust systems and performance mufflers are lighter in weight and have less restrictive air flows. Designed to produce a deep throaty sound and engineered for performance gains that you can notice when you drive your i-MiEV. Mitsubishi i-MiEV performance exhaust components, the perfect auto accessory.

Nice. I went to the site and a little chat window popped up, I decided to see if they could help me get an exhaust pipe for the iMiev:

[Operator] Hello, my name is Robert, how may I help you?
[Visitor] your website says a Dragon Muffler will fit my i-Miev, can you verify?
[Operator] One moment please while I verify
[Operator] This item is a universal kit and some modification may be necessary.

[Visitor] oh ... so it should fit?
[Operator] Yes, however you may need to modify your vehicle.
[Visitor] like add a new exhaust pipe, or what?

... at that point I gave up waiting for responses, perhaps he was on to me - I was half expecting him to come back and say, "you need to add a motor". :p

I'm such a jerk.....

[Operator] Hello, my name is Robert, how may I help you?

[Visitor] Can you tell me how much Horse Power I gain with this iMiev Performance Exhausts & Mufflers kit. ?

[Operator] You may gain anywhere from 8-10 HP.

[Visitor] Hows about fuel consumption will it help how much will I save ?

[Operator] We recommend getting in touch with the manufacturer for more detailed informaton regarding the specifications of this item.

[Visitor] Since the iMiev is a 100% electric car how do I connect this exhaust system ? Can I just tape it to the bumper and get 10 Hp more ? Like a solid rocket engine ?

still waiting on that one....... :lol:

That is truly funny. Amazing that you can drill down to the model year and it shows specific exhausts. Fart-cannon-equipped cars annoy me. Why would I want my nice, quiet EV to sound like a broke-down Honda Civic? :lol:

My turn:

[Operator] Hello, my name is Mariel, how may I help you?
[Aaron] Which of these products will fit my vehicle?
[Aaron] http://www.rvinyl.com/Performance-Exhausts-Mitsubishi-i-MiEV-2012.html
[Aaron] They say they will all fit... but I'm not so convinced.
[Operator] Please specify your vehicl model.
[Aaron] 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV
[Operator] Yes, all these different styles have been made to be compatible with the i-MiEV 2012.
[Aaron] Mariel, I'm pulling your leg. The i-MiEV is an all-electric car. It has NO exhaust pipe. I just want to let you know about it. :)
[Aaron] You might want to remove these products from your site.
[Operator] Thank you for your input. We will take it up with management. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
[Aaron] Nope. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for following up on this. :)
[Operator] Thanks for contacting us. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Why anyone would want to draw attention to where the poop comes out I don't know :)

The old TailPatch ad.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0J_B2PyAPw

Tell you what ain't funny! If you have the original "i" turbo and the exhaust rots like hell - there is no way of getting a replacement - not in the UK anyway. Dealers have to go to Japan on special order - takes forever and costs more than the car (5 years old, 29,500 miles) is worth!!

I find it difficult to believe that you cannot find a muffler shop that won't work with you to create a new one. Maybe it's a rare thing in the UK, but here in the Colonies they are everywhere.

Back