Warning when rerversing in a parking

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llecentaur

I think the US model has a low speed loudspeaker for warning pedestrians or bikes.

The Citroen czero is silent and I fear the day I will reverse towards a pedestrian walking in a parking lot.

Besides the loud beeping reverse lights one can buy on Ebay which are certainly efficient but rather rough for such a small car, I was thinking of installing a small reversing radar available for less than 20 USD on Ebay.

Normally these radars warn of any obstacle starting at 1.5 meters (4 feet) which should be more than enough and would also assist driver in tight parking.

I have received the kit but now realise that I need to take away the back bumper.

Does anyone know how to remove it ?

There are some clips that I am sure I will break, but doubt that the bumper is holding only by those clips ?

Also any idea where to find the lead for reverse lights, otherwise I have to open the lights and reverse from there, maybe there is some documentation that can help to pinpoint that wire.

Thank you for any suggestions.

What are the links to the ebay items, the backup noise
generator, and the backup "Radar" (actually a sonar
"clicker", right)?

Usually such a Sonar system would detect solid objects
from a few inches out to some number of feet.
Often, there are a set of 4 sensors.

What did you order, please?

Here is the link from ebay' iPhone APP

D0X8 New Car Parking Reverse White 4 Sensors Backup Radar Rear System Alarm

And item number 350624384356

Yes 4 sensors that can detect a person up to 5 feet away.

I took the buzzer model to avoid pulling wires to the front with the Led indicator/buzzer.

I am still hoping someone will share some info on the bumper. Would hate to make a mess.

Ok, now that I have a heated garage, I am on a roll.

No need to remove the bumper. Just installed two sensors 60 cm apart because the car is narrow and the sides of the bumpers are so round that sensors might not sit thight.

Could not find an available place to get the sensor leads into the car, therefore drilled a 10 mm hole next to the engine cover about 10 cm away from the left corner of the car where the charger plugs in.

Then I covered metal work with Zinc paint for rust proofing and led the wires into the grey plstic garnish. Positive wire to the reverse light is mainly red with fine blue line on it. I drilled a small whole in the body for negative ground. Tucked everything behind the plastic and closed the small cover to the side panel.

Now any pedestrian walking behind the car will trigger the sound from about 4 feet away, besides it also helps for parking in tight spaces.

Back