Floor Mats

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLucas

Not a very exciting but necessary topic. I always buy the all-weather mats from the dealership when I purchase the car. They usually run about $85.00 for the set, made with heavy duty rubber and fit exactly. When I bought the i MiEV, I did the same thing but I was told they didn't know when they would be in or if they could even get a set. I still haven't heard from them, so I went looking for a suitable substitute. I found a set on CarId from Lloyd Floormats - Rubbertite All Weather. I just got them in last night, just in time for this winter weather. They are the exact size and shape as the carpet mats that come with the car. The driver's side comes with the holes to keep the mat in place on the mat-locks. The rear seat mats fit around the front seat supports. I'm very happy so far with these mats, I'll just have to wait and see if they last or not. They are made from heavy rubber and come with a five year warranty

http://www.carid.com/2012-mitsubishi-i-miev-floor-mats/lloyd-floor-mats-161257.html

I'm very interested in doing this exact same thing. Mind sharing some pictures?

iDriver said:
I'm very interested in doing this exact same thing. Mind sharing some pictures?
I'll take some this weekend. The only problem so far is the funky odor. I hope they outgas soon, smells like some kind of soy-bean based plasticizer or something (I made that up, but it does smell more organic than chemical).

sandange said:
I hope they are not like the bath mats we bought last week - strong smell and still going on 10 days later

Kind of like that, mine are still going strong but starting to wane or I'm getting used to it.

Here are the pictures of my car with the mats. Other than the strong smell, I really like them and think they will last a long time. The dots match with the six dot theme of the car. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this theme in the car or not but there is a six dot pattern located throughout the vehicle including the taillights but that is another topic.

312415_532017260142425_763142390_n.jpg

14970_532017333475751_885121677_n.jpg

408403_532017420142409_272458119_n.jpg

734910_532017633475721_869885175_n.jpg

Hi Mlucas,
Happy New Year !, I must be imagining it, But I am sure I see 7 dots repeating pattern, a group of six dot s around a center one dot, so 7 all up. I haven't checked the lights yet though..

iMiEVNZ7 said:
Hi Mlucas,
Happy New Year !, I must be imagining it, But I am sure I see 7 dots repeating pattern, a group of six dot s around a center one dot, so 7 all up. I haven't checked the lights yet though..

Happy Electric New Year to you and your spouse.

Topic Detour Warning! Since we aren't being that strict and the topic of Floor Mats could use some livening up, I'll jump in on this one.

Maybe you got a different pattern in NZ. Look at the inside lock button, I have six dots. At the right upper edge of each door is a six dot pattern. The hub caps have a six dot pattern and if you look at the sides of the taillights, another six dots. Here's mine, what does yours look like?

163386_532320863445398_6268569_n.jpg

20109_532320903445394_279987453_n.jpg

282803_532321016778716_1230794313_n.jpg

321039_532321070112044_1900181489_n.jpg

I've never noticed this before on other vehicles I've owned. It's definitely an attention to details that Mitsubishi has included in these vehicles since they serve no other purpose than aesthetics. It's kind of like finding the hidden Mickeys at Disney. Has anyone see other examples?

I took a risk and ordered these in yellow... bad decision, as the blue interior lighting turns them a sickly green. :oops: So, CarId.com offered to replace them with black mats if I simply cut up the yellow ones and send photographic proof. A bit wasteful, but understandable and great customer service!

jray3 said:
I took a risk and ordered these in yellow... bad decision, as the blue interior lighting turns them a sickly green. :oops: So, CarId.com offered to replace them with black mats if I simply cut up the yellow ones and send photographic proof. A bit wasteful, but understandable and great customer service!

Nice to know that bit of information. I was hoping for purple as my son loves the color but they aren't offering purple, black it was for my i MiEV. Yellow must have been quite lively except for the nighttime lights. Darn!

I'm still thinking of putting some purple in the car. I want to upholster the side door panels and repaint the center console a deep purple. Projects for warmer days.

So, it's been eight months since the last post in this thread. I'm wondering if anyone else has ordered rubber floor mats for their i-MiEV in that time. If so, did you order the Lloyd mats in this thread or different mats? If the Llyod mats, what color did you get? I am trying to decide between the darker gray or the black mats. Which would go better with the interior carpet of our cars? Would one color stand out more than the other? I would prefer the mats to kind of blend in with the rest of the car rather than stand out and be obvious. From the photos on the CarID site, it's really hard to judge the colors. I think the darker gray may not be as dark as the carpet in the i-MiEV, but I think the black may be too dark.

My black Lloyd mats are holding up fine- no curling and the off-gassing PVC smell went away. I'd definitely leave these out for a while in the warmest place possible or roll down the windows for a couple of weeks when your car is garaged. That should keep your kids' endocrine system halfway normal...

Searching around, I found this company online. They seem to have a few more options for custom-fit weather proof floor mats, including the Rubbertite mats in the OP. The non-Rubbertite options seem to run quite a bit more depending on the options you select. I assume that's because they work/look better and are custom cut/fit after you order them. I'm interested in the Spaghetti or Weatherbeater mats. They seem to have a nicer-looking fit and finish than the Rubbertite mats, but they definitely cost a lot more.

www.floormatexpress.com

“Nice. Could I ask for some pics to see fit? I'd love to pick up a set!”

Sorry for the long delay. It takes a while for me to get pictures and upload since I keep forgetting. Plus I rarely drive it. My teenage daughter already put ~2000 miles on it; and my wife another ~2000. I think I have 400 miles on it :(

The brown material you see is a towel my wife put down on the seats. The blue material is a t-shirt that hopefully rips if the side air bags need to blow.

So here’s a front mat (driver’s side):

aXRU8uA.jpg

It could probably use some trimming but it’s been doing fine.

And here’s the back mat:

MHIVVjH.jpg

And here’s my ‘smart car minivan’ parked in front of work last June. I usually don’t drive it to work because I regularly bike.

zljENtq.jpg

Thanks for the pics! So, what's the story with the brown towel and blue t-shirt? Just trying to protect the seat fabric or is this some type of experiment?!

"So, what's the story with the brown towel and blue t-shirt?"

Yep, we're just protecting the fabric. It's way easier washing or shaking the towel and t-shirt than vacuuming or scrubbing that car.

We bought a conversion van new in 1995. We still have it. We do our big road trips in it and the seats still look very good--- with all the kids (and now grand-kids) that van has gone through.

hello all, newbie to the forum but a long time reader, i came across a set of weathertech floor mats from a 2007 dodge 1500 four door, and to my surprise they fit almost perfect in my imiev

I bought the Llyod mats for the back area. They fit perfectly! Plus without the lips around the edge, they can be used with the back seats are down. Boy they do have a strong plasticky smell. Am airing them out before I put them back in. But based on this purchase, going to buy the full set for the rest of the car.

Back