Don
Site Moderator

Re: Pretty Good Level 2 EVSE for Less Than $200

Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Mine does shut off - The 'Charge/Ready' light goes from sold green (charging) To flashing green (ready) once the car is full

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

harrylv

Tue May 15, 2018 12:04 am

umm, mine does not work that way.
When I plug in the 6-20 plug to the outlet without plugging into the car, the Ready/Charge light is off, only the power light is on.
The Ready/Charge light stays solid when charging, and when it's done with charging, it would still be solid green. It did not flash or turning off.
I am wondering if mine is missing the ready stage somehow. I'll check with the seller.

Thanks.

Don
Site Moderator

Tue May 15, 2018 7:07 am

harrylv wrote:umm, mine does not work that way.
When I plug in the 6-20 plug to the outlet without plugging into the car, the Ready/Charge light is off, only the power light is on.
I think mine is the same. I never unplug it, so my power light is always on. Before plugging in the charge handle, I have just the Power light plus the current setting lights. The Ready light is only flashing after the charge cycle is complete. How are you determining when the charge cycle is complete? Do you hear a relay click when you press the button on the charge handle?

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

harrylv

Wed May 16, 2018 4:16 am

Don wrote:
harrylv wrote:umm, mine does not work that way.
I think mine is the same. I never unplug it, so my power light is always on. Before plugging in the charge handle, I have just the Power light plus the current setting lights. The Ready light is only flashing after the charge cycle is complete. How are you determining when the charge cycle is complete? Do you hear a relay click when you press the button on the charge handle?

Don

I know the battery is fully charged by looking at the charge light on the dashboard on driver and the battery level. It is full when they are off.
I have not paid attention to the click, so I am not sure.
I actually fell asleep so it should have been plugged in at least 1 and half hours extra.

Return to “Modifications & Accessories”