Admin: Unable to Access this Site

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting - the server takes an automated backup in the middle of the night, but outage for most of the day is concerning. I'll have the server guys look at it...

If it happens again, you can send an email or contact me through: http://myelectriccarforums.com/contact-us/

Yup, I had an issue all Sunday. I think I got on early morning, then nothing. But the other forums on that site worked.
I go to Spark EV, E-Golf and Soul EV, all were working.

I am glad it is up now though :)

I had an issue yesterday evening. Same thing, just thinks about it but never logs in. Kia Soul EV did it too but I didn't wait long and tried Spark & VW, both worked

tigger19687 said:
I had an issue yesterday evening. Same thing, just thinks about it but never logs in. Kia Soul EV did it too but I didn't wait long and tried Spark & VW, both worked
I also had a problem with our site, but the mykiasoulev worked just fine. Sending a pm to our admin...

I didn't wait around long enough for the Kia site, maybe it was just slow-er loading. So it may be that I just did want to wait ;) but the other 2 loaded fast like usual.

All working fine now.
Thanks

Hi Everyone,

The iMiEV forum is on a different server than the Kia Soul EV and the VW e-Golf forum, so there shouldn't be a connection between those sites unless it's an internet outage issue in your neck of the woods.

Every night at 4am the iMiEV server takes a complete backup of all files and databases (I'm still trying to figure out what timezone the server thinks it is in so that I can tell when 4am is). It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to complete the backup so it's likely not related to the outage.

Best we can tell (from looking back a few days) is that it's simply too much traffic on the server during peak times. I am looking at upgrading the servers to add more ram and processing space.

Mike

Had an issue yesterday afternoon. I think it started at about 4pm EST ?
I didn't go on when I got home (tried to make it a TV night and not a Puter night).

IT is up and running fine this morning :) Yeah, as this is the 1st site I go to in the AM

Yep, our server tech is looking into it to try and keep it from happening again - thanks for all the feedback!
Mike

Not sure what time zone you guys are in, the server does an auto-backup daily at 4:00 am

We're generally unhappy with our server and are working on finding a better solution to move to in the next few weeks.... please hang in there until then :)

Mike

Given that you're located in the US, that could mean the backups are interfering with access from somewhere between 4 AM and 9 AM, eastern time. I don't believe the site has been inaccessible during those times. I usually notice an outage in the afternoon, sometimes later in the evening.

Ditto what PV1 said.
My location is under my name. Boston (eastern time zone).

I am not complaining :) LOVE this site and SO appreciate it ! Other then it going out once a full moon (I am ok with that)
I just want others to know when it is down, or also to leave a log for when you (admin) may want to see when it is down the most and who it was slow for :)

If you would rather we not post here, and just send you an email I can do that. But it would have to come from my regular email addy as I won't be able to get on the site ;)

Other then it going out once a full moon (I am ok with that) is there something else that you are unhappy about? I was not aware of any other issues.
I like it because it is simple, not flashy site. I can turn off emogies (sp) and signature pics so that it is not using so much bandwidth.

Please let me know if you all need a donation to move to another server.
I do so much love this site.

After my ordeal last night and no 'i' site today I thought I would have the D-T's

Back