Purchased a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES with CVT

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillThompsonMIEV

Maybe its heresy on this site, but I purchased a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES with CVT. Traded in a 2007 Honda Fit with 51,000 miles on the purchase. Vehicle is for my wife. Did it, among other reasons, for the fuel economy. If anyone is interested in details, send me a PM with name and e-mail; will send a series of word documents about the process.

How do you like it? You know it gets a lot of bad reviews! Just like our i-Miev. We don't feel that a lot of the criticism of our car is accurate or justifed! So, since you've opened this can of worms about your ICE car on an electric car site tell us about it!

I like it. You are right about the reviews, but the car does not appear to be as bad as the reviewers stated. I feel the CVT helps to overcome the three cylinder engine vis-à-vis noise. Too soon to tell about fuel economy, as only 120 mile on odometer. Based on MPG gauge in car (do not know accuracy of it yet), it appears to be achieving + 40MPG in urban driving. So far so good.

So you have a mirage and an i-miev? Any chance you could test fit the mirage wheels on the i-miev please, please, please? :D

I'm really tempted to get mirage wheels for my i-miev but I can't find any available locally. I may have to get them shipped in, but I don't know for sure if they would fit...

I think the mirage is a really awesome car, very similar to the i-miev in its minimalist approach. I'm so tempted to get one, but I can't justify having both an imiev and a mirage

melloyello said:
So you have a mirage and an i-miev? Any chance you could test fit the mirage wheels on the i-miev please, please, please? :D

I'm really tempted to get mirage wheels for my i-miev but I can't find any available locally. I may have to get them shipped in, but I don't know for sure if they would fit...

I think the mirage is a really awesome car, very similar to the i-miev in its minimalist approach. I'm so tempted to get one, but I can't justify having both an imiev and a mirage
Oh, you beat me to it :lol: . Since the Mirage has 14" wheels, I doubt they'd fit, but I'm hopeful.

I tried to talk my parents into getting a Mirage, but they bought a C-Max instead. It's nice (gets 43 mpg), but the radio is flaky and has the turning radius of a truck.

PV1 said:
melloyello said:

Oh, you beat me to it :lol: . Since the Mirage has 14" wheels, I doubt they'd fit, but I'm hopeful.
14" wheels fit fine, so far as clearing the front calipers and rear drums - Only problem comes with the width and offset of the front wheels. Most will hit the strut tower unless they are 5 inches wide or narrower

Don

Back