Silicon Valley Problem: Too Many EVs

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoeS said:
The other thing to consider is the layout of your charging parking area. You can maximize the number of cars that can park close enough to a charging station by allowing cars to park on both sides of the charging station. This way if you employees are willing to cooperate and share a two port charging station between four cars rather than limiting parking to two cars. When the first of the two cars finish charging; the other two cars waiting for a charge can be plugged in without being moved. Putting charging stations next to walls, sidewalks, or planter strips eliminate this possibility of parking more than one car at a charge port.

Sounds like a good problem to have, but with some possibly irresponsible EVers.

I hope all these drivers don't require work charging to make it home. But, on the other hand, why don't they either have 120 volt outlets or level 1 charging stations? Level 2 is too fast for all EVs except for maybe Teslas for workplace charging. They could install two or three level 1 stations or a couple dozen outlets for the cost of each level 2 EVSE and allow more vehicles to charge for the same cost.

The production-robbing 'smoke breaks' have been replaced by the 'gotta move the car' breaks! :lol:

I like the company using the 2 hour blocks for charging - That would make the benefit less likely to be used by those who don't really NEED the charge session to get back home . . . . like the Volt and PIP owners. Why bother moving the car (twice) just to get a 2 hour charge unless you really need it?

Don

Back