Forum private mailbox jams after 20 stored?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acensor

On three occasions I got automatic notices from the forum that there was private message in my forum inbox.
Got there and couldn't not matter how much I hacked around find them.

After sufficient blundering I discovered that if you have 20 in the inbox any additional are held in some dirt of "pending" limbo. What' swore the sender gets no notice of this and thinks you're a flake not reading or replying to a private message he or she sent.

I managed to reduce the inbox below 20 (can,t remember if it was by deleting or moving some to a folder called temp that I created. And can't remember how one moves messages to a folder. :oops:

Recently another PM arrived in that limbo status.
This time despite flying around can't figure out again how to release it from limbo.
:oops:

Anyone know the exact procedure?

blackheart said:
I didn't have 20 and now I have two sitting in my outbox that won't send. Any ideas??

Well, IF this forum works like one other forum I'm a member of, this could explain it:

In that forum private messages sent stay showing in the outbox untill the recipient picks them up.

I seem to recall them showing as sent. Ironically, I would send a moderator a PM - - - - but I don't want it to sit in the outbox :lol:
thanks!!

In the old format, there was a link that would release pending messages if your inbox was full. I haven't filled mine up yet on the new format to know how that works now.

As for messages sitting in the Outbox, they stay there until the recipient opens them. It works as a read receipt in a way.

Thanks - that's what I ended up witnessing.
I was hesitant to PM a moderator - b/c I didn't know if they were going anywhere :D
Thanks again

Not sure how to contact an administrator if I can't PM anyone - but my private messages don't seem to be working.
is this thread being monitored? Thanks!!

PMs work as stated by PV1
PV1 said:
As for messages sitting in the Outbox, they stay there until the recipient opens them. It works as a read receipt in a way.

This allows you to delete a message right up to the moment it is read, unlike an email where once sent, you can't retrieve it.

If you have 20 messages in your inbox, then you need to delete some old ones and then you can 'release the on hold messages' by clicking the link that will appear at the top of your inbox.

If you need to contact the Admin (me), you can send a PM, or even better, use the 'Contact Us' link. You'll see that takes you to a contact form on the MyElectricCarForums.com website with the subject of My i-MiEV forum. That site is on a different server, so even if the MyImiev.com forum is experiencing issues, that contact form should work to get a hold of me.

Back