Admin: Searching This Forum

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
Many of us have been frustrated with the limited search engine capabilities on this Forum, although I do like its highlighting of the search text string. As a very useful alternative, I'd like to thank aarond12 who posted the following reminder (on some unrelated thread) that I thought might be of general interest:
aarond12 said:
Here's my hint for you or anyone else who is looking for a specific topic on the board. While there is a search function here, you can add a simple command to Google:

site:myimiev.com your search string

Put that in your search and your search will be restricted to this forum. Very helpful for me; hopefully for you too.

danpatgal said:
psyflyjohn said:
First of all, I want to comment on how badly the "search" function on this site sucks.
It's been lamented before. The best solution for searching is to use a site search in Google. For example use a search string like: "tires site:myimiev.com".
psyflyjohn, I feel your pain and danpatgal's answer is spot-on. Two other things will help us all -

1. Put new threads into their appropriate pigeonhole - for examply, I moved the one about Continental tires out of Main Owners subforum and into the Wheels-Tires subforum.
2. Stay on topic ... amazing how many times jewels of unrelated information are lost because they're misplaced. I'm as guilty as anyone in doing this :cry:

Google has made some changes which no longer limit their search to this site if we put in site: myimiev.com at the beginning of the search query. Evidently now we need to enter (simply replace SearchText with the term(s) you are looking for):

https://www.google.com/#q=site:+myimiev.com+SearchText+site:myimiev.com

I regret not having implemented the subcategories I had suggested a few years ago, as searching this forum is really becoming a pain, especially as new topics keep popping up that are repeats of older ones. I'm as guilty as anyone, occasionally having forgotten that a previous thread existed.

HTH

Back