Aerowhatt
Gold Member

Re: Admin: Posting Pictures on this Forum

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:07 am

Don wrote: Might be wrong, but that's where my comfort level is. Not having photos here Is not a major 'issue' for me . . . . it's just a bit frustrating that the forum doesn't host them Don

Become a gold member for $30 per year and the forum will host them :roll:

Plus you get your name in tacky red letters too, Just an added incentive :?

The biggest issue without forum hosting of photos is that members come and go and so do their "free" image accounts on third party servers. Images disappear regularly on forums structured this way. Just imagine the Charger/dc to dc troubleshooting tread with no photos or schematics :shock: (on this forum it is only a matter of time!!)

Aerowhatt
2014 cool silver ES, acquired new 4/2015 (42.7ah at ~26K miles)
2014 Labrador Black Pearl ES, acquired new 3/2016 (41.5ah at ~15k miles)

Don
Site Moderator

Re: Admin: Posting Pictures on this Forum

Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:07 pm

Aerowhatt wrote:
Don wrote: Might be wrong, but that's where my comfort level is. Not having photos here Is not a major 'issue' for me . . . . it's just a bit frustrating that the forum doesn't host them Don

Become a gold member for $30 per year and the forum will host them :roll:

As part of the moderating crew on 3 other forums over the years (more than 25,000 posts in 8 years at Miata.net as an example) the upgraded membership was about the only free 'perk' for the hundreds of hours of work the moderators put in every year. Here, that doesn't seem to be worth the $30 to them, so it's not something I'm interested in paying

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

Return to “Off Topic”