Mini E

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jray3

Waaay too long after the test fleet of Tesla-batteried Mini E cars were parted out, a replacement arrives at essentially the same pricing that our I-MiEV launched at in 2011 (a $29k base model and $35k Premium edition). Of course, today that gets you twice the range, more than twice the power, and far better handling. About the only stat that the i-MiEV would still lead the subcompact EV class In is cargo space (and anime appeal).

https://www.miniusa.com/model/electric-hardtop.html

i wonder what cells does it use for the pack. Was there a previous mini E that used tesla cells?

Are these related to or built by BMW? Maybe i'm thinking of the Smart Car--didn't it use a tesla pack.

i bought a module out of a Fiaat 500 e that uses Samsung SDI cells that i think bmw uses also.

Too many mini cars, i'm getting confused by them all

My brother-in-law is in town and we went BEV tire-kicking now that we're vaccinated. Drove the Mini-E and liked it's handling. I love small cars and this was ok, but IMO the total package is not a replacement for our venerable i-MiEV.
Edit: Really loved its one-pedal driving!

Sources that were present at the recent preview stated that the entry level electric MINI Cooper will launch with a battery capacity of 40 kWh (compared to the current Cooper SE's battery capacity of 28.9 kWh) combined with an electric engine that produces approximately 180 horsepower. This should give the automobile a range of between 180 and 200 miles, although it does depend on how it is measured.

Back