Gen 2 Honda Fit EV

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jray3

https://insideevs.com/hondas-new-186-mile-electric-fit-will-be-priced-below-20000/

Looks like a game changer- a real 150 mile EV version of a popular model that costs under $12,500 after the Federal tax credit.
Those cynical slow-movers at Honda could really wallop Nissan when one compares the Fit EV to a LEAF with no more tax credit!

In addition to our "new" 2016 iMiev, I have a 2010 Fit. My wife and I love that car. Very excited to see that Honda is going to make an EV version that might make it to our market!

Don said:
. . . . and you can BUY it - Last generation was lease only, wasn't it?
Don

It was only a lease and only in Blue. One of them came up from CA and was turned in at my local dealer at the end of lease, and they claimed to be under strict orders to not allow any customer access. No lookee, no touchee, and definitely no test drives!

The Japanese domestic version had CHAdeMO, though the stateside version did not, and I've been unable to find what flavor of DCFC will be fitted to this Fit. If Honda follows Kia in abandoning CHAdeMO, that'd be quite a blow, or just another nail in the coffin.

The blue electric Fit was a very nice car! I test-drove one - peppy, good handling, etc. The only deficiency is that the battery space encroached into the rear seat footwells such that the Fit's wonderful folding rear-seat scheme was partially compromised. Yeah, they were only for lease (which immediately disqualified it for me), and at a horrendous monthly payment. This new electric Fit at that price and range sounds wonderful!

Back