tigger19687

Re: Life with Chevy Bolt EV

Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:49 am

I wanted to post on this about the BOLT. I must have gotten the 1 Bolt that who ever was doing the QC and Build made this the problem child.
I have had all sorts of things replaced and a constant noise they can't find.
I am trying to get GM to buy back the car :(
There are so many things I live about it -- EV 240+ miles and no gas lol

I wish I had never sold the ' i '
I am now looking for used ' i ' again. A 2016 , today that is 2 towns over.

In case you are wondering if that will be a shocker for me, NO. I really liked the little tin can of an 'i' before. And I will use this for all my local driving (which is all I really do) and go back to buying a pick up for the Farm... unless the F150 BEV comes out before I have to buy it ;)
[size=85]- Linda
-2017 Chevy Bolt Premier Bright Blue
- 2014 Toyota Prius C, for the Son

PV1
Site Moderator

Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:51 am

What kind of noise is it making? What all issues are there?
"Bear" - 2012 Diamond White Pearl ES with QC - 2/21/2013
"Koorz" - 2012 Cool Silver Metallic ES with QC - 1/5/2015
"Photon" - 2017 Bolt EV LT in Orange with QC - 7/31/2017

Solar-powered since 10/10/2013

tigger19687

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:21 am

I've had the stabilizer links, stabilizer bar, rear axle, traction battery replaced and other small issues.
But the noise that is killing me is something that sounds lose when in stop and go bumper traffic. You would think it is the torque but it isn't.
It is a Tink noise like as if something is bolted tight and moves when going forward and then back when letting off the pedal.

I just had so many things wrong with this one car that I am done.
Plus the driver seat sucks ;)
[size=85]- Linda

PV1
Site Moderator

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:50 pm

tigger19687 wrote:I've had the stabilizer links, stabilizer bar, rear axle, traction battery replaced and other small issues.
But the noise that is killing me is something that sounds lose when in stop and go bumper traffic. You would think it is the torque but it isn't.
It is a Tink noise like as if something is bolted tight and moves when going forward and then back when letting off the pedal.

I just had so many things wrong with this one car that I am done.
Plus the driver seat sucks ;)

Yeah, at some point I think the Lemon Law should kick in. No reason a new car would need that much work. The front seats were a common complaint on the 2017 models, but more so with leather. I have the cloth seats and find them very comfortable.

My only true complaint about the Bolt is that the stock tires suck in the go department. From what I’ve heard, Bolts made before the plant shutdown in 2017 had issues, but once production restarted, Chevy had fixed most of the issues. If you can get a replacement car, any Bolt made after June 2017 should be good.
"Bear" - 2012 Diamond White Pearl ES with QC - 2/21/2013
"Koorz" - 2012 Cool Silver Metallic ES with QC - 1/5/2015
"Photon" - 2017 Bolt EV LT in Orange with QC - 7/31/2017

Solar-powered since 10/10/2013

tigger19687

Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:51 am

PV1 wrote:
tigger19687 wrote:)

Yeah, at some point I think the Lemon Law should kick in. No reason a new car would need that much work. The front seats were a common complaint on the 2017 models, but more so with leather. I have the cloth seats and find them very comfortable.

My only true complaint about the Bolt is that the stock tires suck in the go department. From what I’ve heard, Bolts made before the plant shutdown in 2017 had issues, but once production restarted, Chevy had fixed most of the issues. If you can get a replacement car, any Bolt made after June 2017 should be good.

In MA I am beyond the lemon law.
Your 2nd part is not true from what I found. Many of the issues are happening regardless of the year model., many of the 18 19 are having similar issues and a few new ones on the 20's
Are you on this forum? https://www.chevybolt.org/
You should pop on and see what others are having issues on.

I had my test drive with the other Dealer that GM sent me to. He heard the noises and others. Said that this car should not have had ALL these issues and GM should have taken it back a while ago lol. I get to leave it with him March 2nd with the LIST of all the issues I am having, he has all the others that have been done (8 others, 6 major components).
Le Sigh I just want them to take this one back.
[size=85]- Linda

Return to “Other Electric Vehicles”