Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid (PHEV) thread

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jray3

Calling out RobbW, now that I see a Pacifica PHEV in his signature line. How's your bigger jellybean doing?

I've been watching this van's progress closely since giving up on the Outhlander PHEV, and finally test-drove one last week. Of course, it had never been plugged in with 94 miles on the odometer, and spent less than a minute in EV mode before hitting 0% SOC and cranking the engine. Engine startup seemed a little rougher than a Prius, but smoother than the GM BAS hybrids like my old Saturn VUE.
Plenty of power from the Atkinson cycle V6 with no battery to call on, and I liked seeing 2% SOC recovery after a long 45 mph downhill.

HOWEVER, the vans are on a delivery hold again, after initial deliveries were halted for several months of silent "quality control", and of the vans that were already delivered, there have been several failures, most notably "Dead in 5 Days" in which an inverter failed and it turns out that the coolant hose was kinked...
http://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...rid-general-discussion/14858-dead-5-days.html

I had resolved not to be among the first buyers of my next EV, but this is shaping up to be a rough release for Chrysler...

Problems continue for the PacHy. Many owners profess love for their new vans, but the problems have not been limited to a poor diode in the Traction Inverter Module (TIM). At least a couple vans have had a loose "bolts not torqued at all" cover on the transmission, causing fluid leakage and at least one tranny failure on a road trip. Poor quality control continues at Chrysler.

Back