TABBY

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phximiev

This occasionally pops up in my inbox. Anybody know if this is going anywhere?

https://www.osvehicle.com/osv-platform/

I predict they'll collect a good amount of $$$

As to whether anyone ever gets the makings of a car from them . . . . who knows? I think the whole thing could fold up any day

Don

Info from the Tabby newsletter re: webinars:

Hi there,

We will be hosting a new OSVehicle webinar for different timezones to have an open and transparent conversation about our company. Our previous sessions were a breakout success.

However, we found that the majority of our followers did not fully understand the potential business opportunity -- providing an ecosystem for the development and billions of dollars in value creation through new automotive companies.

We’d like to invite you join us again, this time you will have our COO (Yuki) and me as panelists. This is your opportunity to ask questions LIVE. We'll cover topics that will clarify the vehicle development process.

We will have the webinar available for all timezones, and signups will be limited for the first 100 attendees. Reserve your spot now!

3 options:

Register here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/09cbbafa6500d6f97510d14dfea9e911
Silicon Valley Fri 4:00 PM Fri 4:45 PM
New York, Fri 7:00 PM Fri 7:45 PM
London, Fri 12:00 Midn Sat 12:45 AM
Hong Kong, Sat 7:00 AM Sat 7:45 AM
Check other timezones here

Register here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/ef2b6a764a028913c5b9141539e44ee6
Silicon Valley Mon 10:00 AM Mon 10:45 AM
New York, Mon 1:00 PM Mon 1:45 PM
London, Mon 6:00 PM Mon 6:45 PM
Hong Kong, Tue 1:00 AM Tue 1:45 AM
Check other timezones here

Register here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/03fa6607ead36074d746f627e8486654
Silicon Valley Wed 6:00 PM Wed 6:45 PM
New York, Wed 9:00 PM Wed 9:45 PM
London, Thu 2:00 AM Thu 2:45 AM
Hong Kong, Thu 9:00 AM Thu 9:45 AM
Check other timezones here: here
Best,

Tin Hang, Liu
Founder & CEO of OSVehicle

An update from the Tabby folks regarding the Greek development of a Tabby platform:

https://www.osvehicle.com/project-belo/?utm_campaign=Project+Belo&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=32405394&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8vjNZuxC0zy8ULOa0k7WUbpVcI5oZFiBQ55AnOwysydZdmPmBBWDYqLUANo3tvEe1GYBmpooaEFPVMM92XeXr6ZfrnCw&_hsmi=32404754

OSVehicle video on the platform (quite informative): http://business.osvehicle.com/car-platform-webinar?utm_campaign=TABBY+EVO+Automation+post+webinar&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8OKC7h0uFfhu2khJkT3O_5W41j5lFMAdOLx1bScECH4UdXyF_ivovtUEXt-ZIDjE4D-jcZhR94vtAV2zKpY0_Bm1ak6w&_hsmi=32893455&utm_content=32893455&utm_source=hs_automation&hsCtaTracking=31d45318-01d7-4323-8149-76486a510dae%7C86df825e-acf1-489f-808b-2b750cfdfe31

I hate to rain on anyone's parade - I'd really like to see them succeed. It is a neat concept, but I honestly don't see it catching on in a scale large enough for them to mass produce the rolling chassis

It could only be sold as an owner built 'Kit Car' because it would never meet the Federal standards to be mass produced - The battery pack is just a couple inches behind where the front bumper would be. Passing crash or rollover testing, and the multitude of other requirements for a legal mass produced vehicle would be nearly impossible. Even the fabrics used in the car interior must pass tests for burn rate, toxicity and so forth

I recall many years ago when I was stationed in Germany and people were wanting to buy European cars and ship them home to use in the USA - Even with a factory mass produced car like a European version Porsche which was never sold here, the requirements to get it made Federally legal were cost prohibitive - You had to make all sorts of changes - Lighting, interior materials and so forth and you couldn't import it until it was inspected and passed all of the stringent safety laws. It's much easier now because many more cars are built 'world legal' than they used to be

Dozens of companies have sold Kit Car 'kits' over the years, but none of them have ever sold very well, I think because only a small percentage of the population could build them by themselves without expensive expertise hired at cost prohibitive labor rates

After you've assembled this chassis in one hour, can you imagine how long it would take an average person to build a roadworthy body, with glass, doors, bumpers, interior appointments etc? Getting the *rest* of the car installed on the chassis could take hundreds of hours and cost you 2X as much as you paid for the rolling chassis, and then when you're done, you have a home made car which you probably could not sell for half what you invested . . . . *if* current laws would even allow you to sell it at all. Getting it licensed and registered in many states could also prove to be difficult, let alone being able to buy liability insurance so you could legally drive it on the public roads

I think it's more likely to be sold to those living in rural areas who need something to drive the 2 or 3 miles down their driveway to their mailbox out on the main road. But even for those folks, it may cost so much more than the golf cart they're using for that purpose now to ever be a big seller

When everything is factored in, this may cost as much or more as a new iMiEV and certainly twice as much as a good used one - Build a kit car for $15K, or buy a good used, road legal, factory produced car for half that?

Don

I believe TABBY has potential where companies: (1) want to avoid R&D, and (2) need speciality transportation, such as delivery, campus, and other, as the video says at the outset.

In any event, it's way too early to say they are a success or not. Given the size of the alleged market, however, TABBY could very well succeed.

Phximiev said:
I believe TABBY has potential where companies: (1) want to avoid R&D, and (2) need speciality transportation, such as delivery, campus, and other, as the video says at the outset.

In any event, it's way too early to say they are a success or not. Given the size of the alleged market, however, TABBY could very well succeed.

Saying this, I'm not too familiar with any Greek auto success stories... if it is a sole Greek venture ( only saw this on the phone during lunch)...

But who am I to judge.

As far as the future goes, this is exactly the kind of thing I imagine filling the autonomous vehicle segment, and parking/ charging automatically on my and everyone else's driveway during the night... Though I only imagine white ones for some reason.

Invitation from TABBY (between the lines):

_____
Hi there,
We are celebrating our first 3 years! We still remember the first time we presented TABBY at the Maker Faire Europe and since then we really got a huge love and support from awesome people like you, companies and governments from over 80 countries.

Since you're so many, we really want to know more about you, your amazing project and reward you with a hefty 1,000$ discount on the TABBY EVO price, which is already considered, from more than 65% of our webinar attendees, a fair price.
How does it work?

It's very simple: just fill this 7-steps-form and you'll receive a discount code via email. That's it.
Here's the link to start: http://business.osvehicle.com/poll-evolution

A big hug from Silicon Valley!

Tin + Yuki

end widget-span
© OSVehicle Inc.
2925 Greer Road
Palo Alto, CA

______

Anyone up for a grand discount?

Per newsletter from TABBY:

______
Hi there,

Thank you for showing so much love, our server went crazy and now we are back online. It was a huge success, here’s the link again to see again ASLAN: the EV pickup, showcased at COP22 Climate Change Summit in Marrakesh Morocco.
Plus a bonus: we added the official video of the vehicle.

Best
Tin + Yuki

end widget-span
© OSVehicle Inc.
2925 Greer Road
Palo Alto, CA
_______

180 km range? The link: https://www.osvehicle.com/aslan-ev-pickup-morocco/?utm_campaign=ASLAN&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=37259891&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8lS0iQ_2zeKU3L5_Qu-kdW-9IwckCvGPCady3nII-plFz2ZfVA7RAtQC7eibD9IhtanNXIzhdNk4hz9BQvUl-tKyEvEg&_hsmi=37259891

It looks like something quite useful has come out of OSVehicle movement. To see the promotional video the email speaks of, scroll down the link a bit.

Offer from OSVehicle:

_____
We love listening to your feedback, it helps us understand how to serve you better. Here’s an early gift for you for being an active part of our amazing community.

Just help us with these 5 choices about the future of OSVehicle products offering, and you’ll receive a 1,000$ discount to buy a TABBY EVO platform.

Here’s the link: business.osvehicle.com/futureOSV

It will expire on Dec 31st 2016, don’t miss it!

Two more things:

we introduced a WorldWide flat shipping rate of 3,500$ (or 2,500$ for orders with no batteries) and it’s automatically calculated on our e-shop (but you can always choose your preferred logistic partner if you want)
if you buy 2 or more platforms you’re eligible to pay 70% upfront and 30% before the delivery ex-works.

We are so happy to be starting 2017 knowing that you are with us, we really are grateful to have met many of you in person and remotely, saw amazing ideas that became real vehicles (connected cars, pickups, etc.) in this incredible mission we started 3 years ago... and we can't wait to welcome your inspiring contributions for a new and better mobility in the New Year! ❤

Warm holiday wishes to you and your loved ones,

Tin + Yuki
_____

Interesting News from TABBY:

______
We are announcing a first-of-a-kind collaboration with a big automotive group and a big chipset player at the CES this week.

Renault in partnership with OSVehicle will open source and sell one of their EV hardware platforms (chassis, electric motor, batteries, etc…).

To stay updated on the next phases of this collaboration and book a slot to see this platform at CES 2017 in Las Vegas, just sign up at this link: https://www.osvehicle.com/renaultpomsignup/

We're off to a good start of 2017!

Thank you

Tin + Yuki

Founders of OSVehicle

© OSVehicle Inc.
555 Bryant St. #464
Palo Alto, CA 94301
USA

_____

InsideEVs report on the Twizy open source platform: http://insideevs.com/renault-to-release-twizy-hardware-platform-as-an-open-source-ev/

TABBY news and Renault POM platform:

After the great launch at the CES 2017 in Vegas, we will showcase the Renault POM platform in Europe!
You’ll see the real product with exterior body and some applications developed on top of it by Renault Silicon Valley Lab and ARM.

Let’s meet @ Mobile World Congress, ARM Stand: Hall 6, Stand 6.C10
Venue: Fira Gran Via, Av. Joan Carles I,
64 08908 L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona

Sign up for pre-order and get more info here: https://www.osvehicle.com/renaultpomsignup/

Mobile World Congress MWC17 Renault OSVehicle ARM POM.png

Thank you

© OSVehicle Inc.
555 Bryant St. #464
Palo Alto, CA 94301
USA

Back