Look at what I have in my driveway this morning

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLucas

10152516_745455702131912_1193641444_n.jpg

I advertise on PlugShare that I have an outlet and a 240v L2 available. This guy calls me this morning and says he needs a charge, I had no idea he was bringing over a Tesla Model S! This is the first time I've been able to get so close to one and even sit in it. It's a sight to behold for sure. He told me that Tesla has run out of the portable EVSEs and they would have to ship him one, they probably are having supplier problems again. I was more than willing to help out a fellow EV driver.

The car did come with the adapters which I thought were very helpful. The J1772 adapter is just a chunk of plastic with the correct pin to mate my J1772 handle with the Tesla socket. They also have one for a dryer outlet. Very convenient.

Mmmm, that's an aspect of being an EV Pioneer that I actually miss, now that public EVSE is fairly ubiquitous in the Puget Sound Region. I haven't hosted or visited a residential Plugshare at all in the past two years, but made a good friend and had several interesting encounters through Plugshare during 2011-12.

Cool. Tesla's are awesome. Get a ride in one if you can.

Barely a day goes by that I don't see another plug-in on the road when I'm out and about. It's usually a Volt or two, but traveling towards Pittsburgh, I'm almost guaranteed to see a LEAF or a Tesla. My buddy saw 2 other i-MiEV's in the area last week that I've yet to see.

We had a Model S come through on a road trip to the south a while back. He was from Canada and traveling to either one of the Carolinas or Florida, I can't remember. He stopped by my friend's business to charge. Looking on Plugshare, he also stopped at the Mitsubishi dealer where I bought my car (about 70 miles apart). I just looked, it's not the same one that's sitting in your driveway.

That is very cool, regardless.

Back