Zelenec

Re: What Other EV's Have You Driven?

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:33 pm

BTW
in Slovenia only 2 Leafs and 30 I-mievs (all 3 brands) are registered.
Tired of smelly garage - switched to EV in 2012!
Zelenec = Greeny, Treehugger, Ecofan
www.mojev.si

gmarcucio

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Wow, I'm glad I asked I didn't even realize some of these vehicles existed. I checked them out online from the responses I received here. Thanks

carnut1100

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:41 am

First drove a 2012 iMiev then drove a Leaf.
Liked the Leaf a lot more and at the time only a $3k difference so had I been able to afford either then it would have been a Leaf.
Now Leaf in Aus has dropped to $40k and 2012 iMievs are mid 20s and a 2010 can be had for under $20k so when it turned out my local dealer had a 2010 I got a good deal and grabbed it.

PeterC

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:27 pm

I have driven my home-converted Daihatsu charade for over 4 years and 40,000km.
I have driven two iMievs for short test drives. My own should arrive in a few days.
I have driven a friend's Nissan leaf for a short test drive.
Of the above three all are nice but I think my conversion had the best torque/weight ratio!
A Prius with a plug-in conversion for a short test drive-it was hard to drive gently enough to keep it in EV mode.
I have driven two scary electric go-carts for short rides.
Various bicycles with electric pedaling assistance.

iwatson

Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:32 pm

A Chevy Volt - Owned for the past two years. The first time I ever drove it was when I drove it home from Dallas Texas to Memphis, Tennessee. Love It, Love it, Love it. Use it as an EV to commute to work and back with no range anxiety when called upon to make unexpected or unplanned excursions. Also have made several road trips. Love the versatility and the fact that there are no compromises when transitioning from an ICE car.

2 Nissan Leafs - Test drives, Really liked it but my wife didn't. I feel the car is more refined than the i-Miev with more range, 5 seats, larger & roomier than the miev but I was concerned about The battery pack not having a TMS and the life of the battery in Memphis hot summers. Felt that the car was too pricey for a limited range car.

I-Miev. My wife's new (used) car. Was less than impressed with the car originally. Felt it was too small, too little range, not as techy. Rather strange design/look. My wife and children called it a clown car and suggested I wear big yellow shoes when test driving. My wife was afraid of going to an all electric car due to limited range. We warmed up to it because of price. We got it used with 8800 miles for $10,500. Monthly payment is less than we were paying in gas for her mini-van. After one month it's not a clown car anymore. She's lovin' it. This month she's put more miles on her i than I've put on my Volt. Deceptively impressive little car. Handles anything she throws at it and hasn't seen turtle mode yet. Even though it's not real high tech inside, I love how it sits up taller than my Volt and easy to get in and out of. Seats sit real firm.
2012 Silver imiev ES
2012 Raspberry imiev SE Premium
2017 Cajun Red Chevrolet Bolt EV
2011 Viridian Joule Chevrolet Volt
2008 Cadillac SRX
2002 Forest River Sunseeker 3100
2001 Buick LeSabre
1997 Chrysler Town & Country

PV1
Site Moderator

Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:57 pm

I've driven 3 i-MiEVs (two test drives, plus my own), a LEAF twice, a couple of Volts (I think 2 test drives), and a Focus Electric.

I've ridden in a Tesla Roadster, 2 Model S, the same LEAF I drove twice, the Volts I also test drove plus one on tour (first experience with an EV IIRC), my own i-MiEV 2 or 3 times (what a difference from driving), a converted Saab (danpatgal, you know this guy ;) ), and I sat in the driver's seat of a Model S at the local Ford dealer (who trades a Model S for a truck?)

I'd love the opportunity just to see an EV1, let alone sit inside one.

Wow. Three years ago, I thought I was lucky just seeing a LEAF at the Auto Show, and never dreamed of seeing a Tesla. :lol:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

MLucas

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:54 am

PV1 wrote:I'd love the opportunity just to see an EV1, let alone sit inside one.

I saw an EV1 at the Auto Show in Toronto in the early 2000's. A sight to behold for sure. Being so close to it gave me goose bumps. I remember it was showcased in an Alternate Energy section in the Sky Dome and was positioned next to other electric vehicles of the time. Mostly companies that were converting cars to electric.

More recently, I had a Tesla Model S borrow my L2 charger. Now that was truly impressive, it even had the jumps seats in the back. Beautiful car, simply amazing.

Like Dylan...I went electric.

• Purchased: June 29th, 2012
  • Mileage on June 29th, 2013 - 25,431 km / 15,802 miles
  • Mileage on June 29th, 2014 - 51,286 km / 32,616 miles

List of Oil Spills: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil_spills

danpatgal

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:25 am

PV1 wrote:... a converted Saab (danpatgal, you know this guy ;) )

That Saab was the first time I'd been in an EV and I was hooked! I followed by buying my own project (the Lectric Leopard) and driving a Leaf or two and our iMiev. I've kind of stopped there. I'm a small car person, so I'm not enthralled by the thought of a Model S, but maybe on the open road I'd feel differently. The i3, however, might be interesting, if I could get one for 1/2 off ;).

johnr

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:23 pm

My first EV was a 2011 Nissan Leaf, which I had for 3 years. Three months ago, I traded it in for my new iMiev, and I'm never going to back to a Nissan! Trust me, with the exception of its shorter range and less cargo space, in most every other aspect the iMiev is hands-down the better vehicle. This is because Mitsubishi understands the human factor much better than Nissan, and it shows in the design of the user interfaces.

PV1
Site Moderator

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Welcome to the club.

I can add the BMW i3 to my list, with another ride in the back of a Model S. Also, although it's not an EV (or even a plug-in), I've driven my parents' C-Max Hybrid a few times (first experience driving a hybrid).
:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

Return to “Other Electric Vehicles”