JoeS
Site Moderator

Re: Need a longer range ev

Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:15 pm

Beespeckled, the Bolt EV very definitely has CCS DCFC as an option. Why Chevy hasn't made it standard is beyond me! Most of the local dealerships spec CCS for the cars they receive. Over the next few years it will become the de facto North American DCFC non-Tesla standard and CHAdeMO will gradually fade into the sunset. Pity, as CHAdeMO offers relatively easy bi-directional power flow. Electrify America is putting in LOTS of CCS stations across the country as part of the VW dieselgate settlement.
EVs: 2 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 Tesla MS85, 3 156v CorbinSparrows (2 Li-ion), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab 96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
ICE: '88 Isuzu Trooper. Mothballed: '67 Saab (orig.owner), '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

Don
Site Moderator

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:32 pm

beespeckled wrote:I know my preference is a roomy easy entrance and exit from vehicle, which despite its size, is very good in the MiEV. I feel like I'm having to fold myself un-naturally in the Subaru Outback and my daughters sedan.

For any vehicle you're going to drive everyday, this is one of the most important things to consider, IMO . . . . especially as you get older. Our iMiEV's have completely spoiled us in this regard. I know if I had to drive my 2017 Volt everyday, I'd be (an even more) broken, disabled old man than I am now!! - I am getting my left hip replaced next month. Folded up unnaturally very well describes getting in and out of that car

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

beespeckled

Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Don wrote:
beespeckled wrote:I know my preference is a roomy easy entrance and exit from vehicle, which despite its size, is very good in the MiEV. I feel like I'm having to fold myself un-naturally in the Subaru Outback and my daughters sedan.

For any vehicle you're going to drive everyday, this is one of the most important things to consider, IMO . . . . especially as you get older. Our iMiEV's have completely spoiled us in this regard. I know if I had to drive my 2017 Volt everyday, I'd be (an even more) broken, disabled old man than I am now!! - I am getting my left hip replaced next month. Folded up unnaturally very well describes getting in and out of that car

Don

Don, best wishes on your hip replacement.

Return to “Other Electric Vehicles”